Each year, applications of proposed recipients for each of the designated scholarships must be forwarded to the Foundation by the AOM college. Each college may submit a maximum of three applications per year. Applicants for scholarships will be required to fill out a formal application packet and provide school records, personal data, and letters of recommendation.
All applications must be mailed to the Foundation by the College.
Finalists will be asked to interview with representatives of the Board and as applicable, with the Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee will make recommendations to the Foundation for approval.
We will begin accepting applications for the 2019 scholarship in September 2018. The application process will close on JANUARY 15, 2019.
Trudy McAlister Scholarship for 2019
Trudy McAlister Foundation announces the Trudy McAlister Scholarship for students of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in ACAOM accredited or candidate schools working toward their degree in Acupuncture or degree in Oriental Medicine. This is a merit-based scholarship.
Completed applications and documentation must be postmarked by JANUARY 15, 2019.
- Completed at least one full academic year of their professional training.
- Each college may nominate up to three students.
- Applicants must be United States citizens.
- A minimum 3.1 GPA from Undergraduate college work and AOM college grades is recommended, although all applications that qualify in other requirements will be reviewed. Transcripts that show Pass/Fail results will also be reviewed.
The scholarship awards for 2018 are anticipated to be between $1,500 to $3,000 each. We hope to increase these amounts for 2019. The scholarship award(s) will directly offset the specific student’s tuition at the recipient’s college. The awards will be announced in April every year. Recipient’s of the Scholarship Awards are notified. Those applicants that do not qualify will not be notified.
- Complete the Trudy McAlister Scholarship application. ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED IN HARD COPY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Include the required two essays. Please write about both and keep each essay to under 500 words.
- Enclose with the completed Scholarship Application, two letters of recommendation along with completed Recommendation Form (for each) from a college faculty member. Recommenders must seal and sign the envelope making sure that the applicant’s name appears on the front of the envelope.
- Include an official copy of your transcript(s) – include all college transcripts, both undergraduate and graduate. Copies of official undergraduate transcripts may be the AOM College.
- Include a professional photo of yourself. Finalists will be asked to submit an electronic copy in .jpg format. (An article will be written for Acupuncture Today, and recipients names and photos will be included in the article.) And email us a good resolution digital copy. Please have the photo be of professional quality.
The successful applicants will be notified in the Spring of 2018. Applicants who are not awarded scholarships will not be notified.
Right-click the link above and Save Link As.. or Save File As.
- Applications for 2019 will be posted in place of the SAMPLE above no later than September 2018. The main difference will be the essay questions asked.
- Applications must be postmarked by JANUARY 15, 2019
- The amount of the scholarships and the number of scholarships shall be determined by the Directors of the Foundation each year.
- The awards will be announced next April.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a one-year basis but may be renewable at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee as recommended by the Board of Directors.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen.
- NO incomplete applications will be considered.
- Only nominations channeled through school officials will be considered.
- All applications and letters must be sent by the college.
- If a college submits more than 3 applications, NONE will be accepted.
- Applications with recommendation forms and transcripts postmarked after the deadline will not be accepted.
Address for Applications
Schools need to return completed application(s) to:
Trudy McAlister Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Fund
PO Box 549
Canby, OR 97013
Any questions about the scholarship and/or the application process, please use our contact page.